Sunday, November 19, 2006

I had one of those moments last Sunday when I thought my opinion was actually heard--turns out it wasn't.

Last Sunday when I went to pick Alee up from FIRE (HS youth group) our adorable female minister starting asking the kids how they felt about the new Crossover Worship service we have adopted [for late service]--I prefer to reference as rock-n-roll Sunday; a style of worship I will need to adjust to and learn to accept that change is sometimes a good thing for the youth seeking and searching. I decided this was the moment I wanted my voice to be heard, what better place than in God's house, right?

So I did.

I spoke loudly and proclaimed the flat bread they served for communion was HORRIBLE! I wanted to say "sucks" but I held my tongue, a delightfully honest teen gladly offered up the "sucks"--which was more acceptable somehow from a teen's mouth. I told of how it tastes like play dough, left me wanting to spit out the "body of Christ" into that stray napkin floating in my purse, I was chewing it still as the benediction was read and at that left me unfilled.

The subject of the communion host was bounced around in a positive discussion format; leaving me to think this morning as I rock-n-rolled in the name of God that I would receive my soul cleansing filling (usual) wafer. WRONG! It was that darn nasty play dough bread. So you know what I did...I took hold of the communion chalice with my hands helping to tip the red wine, the "blood of Christ" at a chugging angle offering myself a larger gulp to moisten and wash it down. Breathalyzer tests will be administered next Sunday at the door before exiting the church.

I'm thinking an intervention with the help of Martin Luther is in need here.


As I left church our adorable female minister grabbed me with a heart felt hug and whispered in my ear, "we are working on the bread, trust me, give us a little time".

I believe I even offered to bake bread-- which I have never done without the use of my very ignored bread maker I got for Christmas back in 1995. But for me to feel cleansed, fulfilled in the "body of Christ" I will learn!

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

nike free, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, jordan shoes, christian louboutin, ray ban outlet, coach outlet store online, tory burch outlet online, true religion, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, burberry outlet online, nike air max, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, prada handbags, kate spade outlet online, oakley sunglasses, oakley vault, chanel handbags, coach outlet, red bottom shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet online, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, coach outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet online, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, longchamp handbags, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors handbags, gucci handbags, burberry outlet online, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet store, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet online, kate spade outlet

oakleyses said...

ghd, valentino shoes, birkin bag, ugg soldes, nike huarache, reebok shoes, uggs outlet, north face jackets, lululemon outlet, celine handbags, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet, beats headphones, new balance outlet, ugg boots, nfl jerseys, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, uggs on sale, uggs outlet, jimmy choo shoes, ugg boots, herve leger, vans outlet, ugg, p90x workout, insanity workout, chi flat iron, canada goose outlet, mont blanc pens, nike trainers, nike roshe, replica watches, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose outlet, giuseppe zanotti, mcm handbags, hollister, soccer shoes, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, north face jackets, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, bottega veneta, asics shoes, mac cosmetics, instyler ionic styler, babyliss