Sunday, November 05, 2006

Friday: Arrived to snow falling--never did stick to the ground but, brrrr it was cold!
Ate lunch at a fun little Mexican joint, a sort of hole in the wall place...yummy.
Played Scrabble with my sister, 7 yr old niece (difficult should be her middle name when playing games) and 9 year old nephew while sipping a French martini 1, 2, 3--whooooaaaaa Nellie that's enough now. My oldest niece and bother in law offered up word tips to his kids. My sister thought I had enough to drink that she could pull of "quib" as a valid word; quib as in-- my baby is sleeping in the "quib" upstairs. FYI SISTER, Elmer Fudd was not invited to the scrabble game.

Saturday: By a guilt laced invitation from my 7 year old niece I attended her tennis lesson--
she did fantastic! Saturday night the Red Wings game, where I refrained from any alcoholic beverages but indulged in the smorgasbord of food my brother in law ordered, he is a fabulous suite host if I may say so.

Sunday: Went to church with my sister to listen to her sing in the Sunday morning
worship rock band...I was impressed sister, you still got it (by the grace of god of course). Then we napped (I needed one badly as my 7 year old slumber party pal was, is an incessant sleep talker). Plane was awfully late taking off but picked up a good tail wind so we arrived only 3 minutes late. The woman next to me picked up the tail wind too, which increased the zzzzz's she produces while sleeping clothes pin anyone, that is what I wanted to attach to her nose to hush her up

And the thing my oldest niece-- who was not home when I left-- was burning to know...on cue, as usual I cried before the car left my sister's garage and again when we pulled up to the airport parking lot. I miss my sister already!