Saturday, November 02, 2019

Strike. Tag. You’re it.

When I was trapped in my mother-in-law’s sewing room on a warm summer day for eight hours I found trash (tons) and treasures. 


One (wo)man’s junk is another (wo)man’s treasure. 


That age old saying had me loading trash bags and boxes for never ending hauls to the dumpster.  King Ralph was on the move faster than I could sort through the hoard. That day was physically hard on me...that’s a story for another day, but I found one item that I knew would become an ongoing source of laughter to us girls. 


The. Doll. 


My girls are totally creeped by old dolls! So when I came upon a doll of no value I knew it was time the prank train began.  The doll is only made creepier by the exaggerated eye shadow, blinking eyes and blush, her poorly coiffed hair, along with her 1950s era under garments. The creepy doll started showing up in places none of us expected. 


The night we arrived home from Princess A’s wedding I was crawling in bed completely exhausted when I noticed the doll staring at me. The doll had been wedged behind the wall mounted TV, it’s creepy head staring at me. 


The doll has been tucked into beds, left in a car’s backseat...and today I stuffed it in M’s puppy’s tote bag. 


It was hours after M was home that I got a text with the picture of the creepy doll and the word “bitch” typed below. I just laugh. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=129jz5ZopsQhoJzjTA7qrepwF2AhO6cBn

Till dolly strikes again. 

No comments: