Sunday, June 04, 2017

Thirty Years Strong

I fall in love with you a little bit more every day... in you i have found my soul mate...my best friend...my lover...my partner...my safe place...you are my great love story and our story is just getting started. 

May 30,1987, King Ralph and I gathered in the sculpture park at 10:30am with our 19 guests, two strangers and a dog to say our "I do's." We had a toast of champagne and peaced out in the direction of Caribbean sun and sand. It was a simple ceremony. It was exactly what we wanted...still reflecting back on the day as it being perfect for us.  

This past Tuesday we celebrated beating those 50 perfect odds with the kids at dinner and toasted with champagne again...this time to 30 great years! Bonus: the restaraunt gifted us our toast. 
We have weathered ups and downs...more ups than downs. We have rejoiced in bringing new life into the world--times three. We've stressed over buying (two) houses, numerous campers and a couple of dogs--building family memories. We delight together in our daughters's successes. In other words we are a team through thick and thin, tried and true.

One thing we did not have at our wedding 30 years ago was cake. The girls surprised us with a cake.
While King Ralph surprised me with a gorgeous pearl/diamond ring (thirty years is the pearl anniversary).

It was as perfect an evening of celebration as it was a morning of commitment 30 years earlier. 


No comments: