Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Great Thaw

I sat there shivering in the cold while I blogged in my head

Why am I here? Is it my commitment to supporting my daughter? Maybe it is my love for my Alma mater--this not the case. Is it a cold October night and football that has its own distinct scent of fall drawing me here? Whatever the reason I am here the wind cuts into my skin like steel stakes piercing, the wind lingers on my hands and cheeks like the sting of a bee. The only part of my body not frozen is the drip that comes from my nose. Last years Kleenex, which looks like a slice of Swiss cheese, resting in the pocket of a resurrected ski jacket awakened from hibernation was a new found friend. I shivered like a leaf in the wind.

Let me put it in plain terms...I WAS FREAKING COLD AT THE FOOTBALL GAME LAST NIGHT! (I'm planning a move south) A great game, over time, nail biting game, only to lose in the end.

My body, which felt like the frozen tundra, thawed around 6am; just in time to wake to wish D a Happy 14th Birthday.

Time. I suppose this is the one thing that I would wish could remain frozen. My baby is growing to quickly!

5 comments:

Lin said...

Do you know what's worse than sitting out in the cold for band and/or football? Sitting on the METAL BLEACHERS out in the cold for band/or football!!! I'm with you on the freezing--I was almost tempted to say out loud that I was glad the season was ending. The thought quickly passed when the band came out to play!

JODI said...

I was smart and sat on an extra thick stadium cushion,so my butt wasn't frozen...even at that I was still C-O-L-D!

oakleyses said...

nike free, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, jordan shoes, christian louboutin, ray ban outlet, coach outlet store online, tory burch outlet online, true religion, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, burberry outlet online, nike air max, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, prada handbags, kate spade outlet online, oakley sunglasses, oakley vault, chanel handbags, coach outlet, red bottom shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet online, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, coach outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet online, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, longchamp handbags, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors handbags, gucci handbags, burberry outlet online, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet store, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet online, kate spade outlet

oakleyses said...

ghd, valentino shoes, birkin bag, ugg soldes, nike huarache, reebok shoes, uggs outlet, north face jackets, lululemon outlet, celine handbags, canada goose outlet, ugg outlet, beats headphones, new balance outlet, ugg boots, nfl jerseys, longchamp, ferragamo shoes, uggs on sale, uggs outlet, jimmy choo shoes, ugg boots, herve leger, vans outlet, ugg, p90x workout, insanity workout, chi flat iron, canada goose outlet, mont blanc pens, nike trainers, nike roshe, replica watches, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose outlet, giuseppe zanotti, mcm handbags, hollister, soccer shoes, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, north face jackets, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, bottega veneta, asics shoes, mac cosmetics, instyler ionic styler, babyliss

oakleyses said...

moncler, hollister canada, baseball bats, montre femme, canada goose, supra shoes, moncler outlet, vans, hollister clothing, pandora jewelry, wedding dress, coach outlet, ray ban, pandora uk, canada goose, iphone 6 case, uggs canada, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, hollister, gucci, timberland shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo uk, moncler, swarovski uk, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, links of london uk, parajumpers outlet, converse, moncler outlet, converse shoes, lancel, replica watches, oakley, pandora charms, louboutin, toms outlet, karen millen, moncler, ugg, nike air max, moncler, moncler, air max, swarovski jewelry, canada goose pas cher