Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Simply Titled, August 16-19

I can see that both myself and my blog were in need of a break...good gosh I posted my Happy Birthday entry on my birthday, August 3, it never took. I posted Paris several days later, it too never took and while I was away it too began to think again. My excuse was the music room, I don't know what my blogs excuse is. Nevertheless we are both back on track. I think.

I got myself back on track with a visit to see my Grammy, lunch at the Omega and taking her to church.

Then it was off to my BFF's house in Frankfort were we sipped wine, cheered on Michael Phelps and the kids (all girls) laughed about the things girls laugh about--nothing. We burnt the mid night oil solving issues like: who should we all vote for for president, what kind of bagels to eat for breakfast and what foods to pack for the dunes.

Sunday the Avery's, the Huss' and the Johnson's had the best day at the Warren Dunes.

We rode the waves,


cooked in the sun, played in the sand,


picnicked on the beach, collected black lake rocks for Princess A's vase she's taking to college, took pictures of the ten kids (that brought claps from fellow beach goers). I mean check out this fabulous pyramid.

We watched the sunset over Lake Michigan

before heading to Redamak's for burgers and fries.

We laughed and laughed and ate and ate; sang Happy 12th Birthday to "CoCo" in the parking lot and ate some more--cookie cake.

The cherry on top of a fab-tab-u-lous day!

King Ralph and I herded our gang into the car at 630am Monday and rolled back into Saint Louis just in time to get to work. I made it in to assist with the day-before-school crunch. I got home at 7pm and could have stayed longer. But I wanted to get home in time for D's regular and premeditated day-before-school melt down. Last year it was gum reinforcements, this year it was a necklace of her sister's she wanted to wear. Just know, we both lost it! Not the necklace but our yin and yang. As you can see it is the sister who owns the necklace who wore the necklace. The sister who wanted the necklace looks exhausted from worrying about not wearing a necklace all night. It is a little sad to think that this year's first day of school photo only has two of three sisters. Someone grew up when I wasn't looking.

Let's see M had band practice and has math homework. D is never tired of telling us her locker is next to the girl who picks and eats her scabs. Princess A is off absorbing all the last minute moments she can with friends before her ship off day.

In case you are all wondering I too survived the first day of school. Only one kid looked like he wanted to cry; I assured him we are all friendly and he is in a good place. Being the new kid is a hard thing. I survived my final duty of the day without the help of any of my assigned partners (some people can't read a schedule) and I made it out the school doors at 530pm.

One day down, one hundred eighty seven to go.