Saturday, November 03, 2007

Movie Should Be Rated DWWP (don't watch with parents)

I'm am learning often of late that there are certain movies I just shouldn't sit down to watch with Princess A...say like Knocked Up. Oh brother!

I am open in conversation about sex with my girls. I actually drive them a little batty with my sudden unprompted sex ed 101 talks. But the movie Knocked Up, well that left me feeling a bit awkward. Maybe...no it was, the scenes of sex positions of choice during pregnant sex. I sat silent did not comment, not once. When the movie was over I said to Princess A "did you feel uncomfortable watching that movie with me?" She replied "no but I would have if I was watching it with dad." I think the dad would have got up and left the room.

Let's just hope We Are Marshall is finally available at the Blockbuster next time I go in to pick a movie.

3 comments:

Stephanie J. Blake said...

No kidding. Knocked up is funny, but oh my.

When The Heartbreak Kid comes out DO NOT WATCH with your kids. I accidentally took my 15 yo boy to it and I was mortified!

kay said...

oh my gosh!! i'm laughing my butt off!

i loved it but no way would i watch that with my kids. i didn't even watch it with my husband!! and it wasn't the sex scenes it was the crude boy humor that would have gotten me!! :)

JODI said...

I watched it my K-I-D, who is 17 yr old. Figured if she could buy the ticket on her own...well I said wooooo-doggie it was an interesting expereince. She never did ask me to explain anything so I will chalk it up to a sex ed film.