Friday, December 08, 2006

Love and marriage, love and marriage
Go together like a horse and carriage

Let me just tell you what doesn't go together--
the spouse and a trip to the grocery store!

I don't know what I was thinking... I must have totally lost all sense of conscienceness when I spoke the words, "honey do you want to come to the grocery store with me"?

A few shopping rules I should have laid out before we entered Dierberg's:
  • I don't do Hamburger Helper (even if you love it).
  • I don't do Chef Boyardee Raviolli (it is not really tomato sauce).
  • I don't do pizza rolls (no matter how much the girls like these processed morsels of nasty being passed off as a bite sized stuffed pizza) two weeks in a row.

    I considered taking his life, claiming death of natural causes in isle 4A-- the soup isle-- when the loving spouse tried to inform me he would "teach me how to shop" by buying the family size can of Campbell's Bean and Bacon soup. Then I realized better alive than dead; we need his paycheck to buy his over sized can of bean soup. Oh Jo be really cruel by withholding his doses of Bean-o prior to the consumption of his mansized can of bean soup, gas pains honey that is a simple pay back for the hell of shopping with your spouse.

    Then the spouse becomes the traveling man somewhere between the deli and the dairy case (I once left him at the store during our first year of marriage for that exact reason).

    When we got to the Party Center isle aka the booze isle I took possession of a bottle of citrus vodka and he took a hold of a bottle of whiskey. I profess I needed it more than he!

    As we were leaving the grocery store-- with not one cart but two (because Frank the 70 year old bag boy convinced the aggravating spousal shopping partner that we need not smash the canned veggies at the bottom of the cart)-- an acquaintance from the kid's school stops in the parking lot rolls down her window and yells out "those who shop together stay together", then she roared in laughter, rolled up the window and drove away.

    That was all the affirmation I needed to know that I in fact lost my mind for a brief moment today. Now someone kick me in the ass and bring me back!

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

nike free, louis vuitton handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, jordan shoes, christian louboutin, ray ban outlet, coach outlet store online, tory burch outlet online, true religion, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, burberry outlet online, nike air max, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, prada handbags, kate spade outlet online, oakley sunglasses, oakley vault, chanel handbags, coach outlet, red bottom shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet online, michael kors outlet online, coach purses, coach outlet, louis vuitton, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet online, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, longchamp handbags, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors handbags, gucci handbags, burberry outlet online, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet store, polo ralph lauren outlet, longchamp outlet online, kate spade outlet

oakleyses said...

moncler, hollister canada, baseball bats, montre femme, canada goose, supra shoes, moncler outlet, vans, hollister clothing, pandora jewelry, wedding dress, coach outlet, ray ban, pandora uk, canada goose, iphone 6 case, uggs canada, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, hollister, gucci, timberland shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo uk, moncler, swarovski uk, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, links of london uk, parajumpers outlet, converse, moncler outlet, converse shoes, lancel, replica watches, oakley, pandora charms, louboutin, toms outlet, karen millen, moncler, ugg, nike air max, moncler, moncler, air max, swarovski jewelry, canada goose pas cher