Sunday, October 22, 2006


Donned in my green/gold school spirited attire I first did my high school concession stand duty (in the name of the marching band) where, I can now add hot chocolate princess to my resume. Although if I run into that eight year old SOB who ordered his bone warming beverage-- while 100 other shivering Flyer Fans stood behind -- 6 marshmallows and 2 ice cubes; well let's just say he better run fast...

Then I transformed.

I wore my new yummy size 6 denim skirt and my black boots to the casual (bar night) gathering of my high school reunion. I managed to enjoy 2.4 of the four martini's I was served, but purchased only one--thanks whoever you are who kept me with a red drink in hand (or on my boots or on Monica's white shirt, etc.). I proclaim myself the only one who gained sophistication--being the only one who consumed a drink not from a bottle containing yeast or that is brewed down the road. Although I am sure the subject is open to debate.

Here's one encounter I had that evening. Name has been changed to protect idenity.

blonde girl: Hi Paula!

Me: No, Jodi

blonde girl: Aren't you Paula?

Me: hmmmm I believe I just said "no jodi"-- blonde girl shake your head to expose your true hair color let your roots breathe your brain may catch a breath, I think I just said I was not Paula No, sorry, I'm Jodi (states madian name)

blonde girl: I thought you were Paula so-in-so, you look just like her

Me: do not but whatever...talking all sweet Nope sorry not Paula but that's okay you know they say we all have a twin somewhere in the world mine must be Paula and after all these years who knows maybe I do look like Paula okay miss I was a cheerleader freshman year you just caused me to spill my martini, go away, go find Paula even though she isn't here tonight

In the end I was glad I went to at least a portion of the two night affair, seeing the people I cared to see--old friends, constant friends. But you know I just ain't cut out for late night partying anymore. I drug around all day Saturday like I was in a drunken stooper because I was so blasted tired. Sleep is such a beautiful thing. I was reminded of that.

Thank God this thing only comes around every 5 years!