Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sorry Mr. Turkey, No Pardon From The President For You

We are almost there, the day which is especially reserved for giving thanks.

The house is clean. The scent of Mr. Clean with febreeze, meadow and rain permeates the air. Mmmmmm.

The turkey now rests in a bucket of brine. The green bean bundles are snugly wrapped in bacon; awaiting there coat of brown sugar and butter. The table is set with my china. Grandma Swast's hurricane candles flank the fresh flowers.

And, so, I have time to catch a quick breath and remember what it is I am thankful for and why my cornucopia continues to runneth over. Of course the list of thanks spilled out of the cornucopia so the order is a bit jumbled.

1. FAMILY
2. dog
3. a yard that is, today, leaf-free...thanks to me.
4. gas powered leaf blower
5. key start lawn mower
6. four and five in either order
7. the spine doctor that watches carefully over Maddi
8. a job I love
9. My BWFs (best work friends)
10. My BFFs
11. hikes in the mountain
12. flip flop fuzzy slippers
13. black boots, both pairs
14. choir practices with my BWFs
15. country
16. right to vote (even if yours canceled mine out)
17. sound of the piano playing
18. laughter
19. clean sheets
20. a good book
21. Red Box movies
22. FAITH
23. neighbors
24. health
25. gas at a $1.43 a gallon

Of course if time allowed my list could go on forever but, time does not allow. While one special bird received a presidential pardon and a first class ticket on a plane to Disney World; I have to continue on the path that will bring my bird to the oven--then table for feast. Instead I will simply wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving.